Sunday 19 February 2012

EROS ERRORS by Absolutely*Kate - February Femmes Fatales

Oh, how the world has been waiting for the truly, madly, deeply unique voice of Absolutely*Kate Pilarcik. Never - I promise you - will you have read words performed or uttered in such a way. She peddles intelligence in places that need her, rising above academia to pirouette between clouds of creativity.

If you don't know Kate, you'll think I gush too much; if you do... you know I speak the truth.

Not only does Ms Kate write with a mythical authority but she also spends her extremely valuable time promoting the work of others. Do read her extended Bio below EROS ERRORS for places to meet with her, share with her and be inspired. But if you don't do anything else then take the time to dally at The Bijou where Noir is the order of every single day.

And now, I give you...

EROS ERRORS

Pointed arrows make sharp points.
Light doth hark though heralds dark.
Trajectories sublime hover joy o'day
yet ironically, swallow bitter dismay.


Once upon a Myth, Truth became a fragile Reality. I have lived to tell this tale, but barely, just barely, and delectably, with pun ensconced. Let's make that firmly ensconced, where Cupid, ne'er stupid, made good his golden mark 'pon my naked truth.

Amazing what flies in one's open window on a deep-sleep moonless night. Son-of-a-bitchin' son of Venus became my plight . . . but ahhhhh, my pleasure too. Therein lies the rub. His rub, his reach, his grasp, his touch, his lurid tongue, all to lure me in, to make me his Psyche . . . sensually, his soul-felt mate. Eros' arrow lost potency to do the deed his maniacal mother bade proceed. Vexed rose vainglorious Venus when sunny sonny boy botched his midnight mission. (Even more so, when her cosmos of spy-minions chortled on about our conflagrant positions.)

Cock-sure was Eros, where his potency did excel. He lusted me as his heaven ~ I knew him as my hell. Skin against skin, depth surging depth, eyes screaming 'Yes!' to permissions unwhispered. Like butterfly wings our animated force beat on as breath of Life itself. But what price to pay, for natural beauty sensating his way? You've no idea what damage a riled up goddess on a rampage can do, do you?

Mama Venus, by her lopsided Aphroditian soul, had access to the wilds of the four winds, and the ear of zany Zeus. She conjured plots of torment and avidly let loose. Oh she did. And she did some more. Twas majestic for immortal gentry to see, though for me to abhor. I mean, who was I - just a gal minding her own earthly business, setting her womanly wiles on betrothal to a run-of-the-grist Alexander or Barnabus, Damon or Gregorious? But come the vivid rage of Venus, no one reigned victorious.

The world itself floundered without Love begot from Cupid's arrows, for Eros -- as he was known at the best Greek daises -- went on strike. He resisted the persistence of his mother's vile insistence. The floundering world withered, cold to touches which now did not come. Eros came though. Again and again, invisibly so. He hunted the locale where I was secreted away. The good god of the west wind, sage Zephyrus, turncoated loyalties as he suited, and whisked me to higher safety, a mountaintop away. There, night after night, Eros entered more than my chambers. Passion's darkness beaconed his insight.

Greater insights though were needed for our erotic coupling to see eye to eye. Eros coulda, shoulda, woulda seen barricades to my being his beloved, but mama-boy gods are not consistently clever. Have you truly looked up into menacing skies on a stormy day? The Underworld hath no fury like a furie scorned. Venus on rampage through the heavens did emerge. Nevertheless, tough love is tough love and I went searching for potency in answers.

"Will you help me, to a together-ever-after . . . for your son, certainly you see, is enamored of me?," squeaked the tentative tenacity of my ardent plea.

There then, the mother-lode of a bitch showed true her colours -- envy green and pitched black to taunts testing me. "Separate these grains in this basket before the nightfall! Retreive golden wool from the field where the killer sheep graze! Make water flow from a serpent-guarded rock-cleft impossible to see!" Verily, Venus staged set-up shots and torment traps deigned for my mortal failure. Only sheer valour conjured fortunate what my spirit called forth in mystical aid: An ant busied his little self with dissection of the grains. A river-god warned of the killing fields, pointing instead where branch and bark beckoned rubbed off wool for the gathering. I was no goddess' fool. I thanked all these spirits heartily, including the soaring eagle who winged about my water divination. But salutations aside, Venus veered one more task, a greater task, a greater risk. "Go into the Underworld, Girly. Bring me back a box, bountiful with bits of beauty."

How I muttered low, how I glared at the mother goddess so. "Go connoiter your own cosmetic challenges, venal Venus!," I wished I'd shouted. Upon my descent to the Underworld of Hell, how I regretted not telling her where to go. But I muddled on. Will Love conquer darkness? This time I prayed aloud, for an oracle of an outcome. A tower of power came to my aid and this task too, I muddled through. But I was tired. So tired. Bone tired. Stop in my tracks up out-of-the-horrors-of-the-Underworld tired. So I peeked into the bit of beauty box, for any small touch of revival.

Zap! Zowie! An eternal infernal sleep arose to my head with such a clatter before my battered senses bade what was the matter. Then there, in true courses due, on blitzing, on dashing, the fate of my Eros/Cupid flew. By Jove and by Jupiter, we got this thing right! A celestial council was convened. Heavenly, the democratic vote careened. Gods and goddesses, bless those Greeks and their political discourse ~ of the mortals, by the mortals and for the mortals. Celebration lit the heavens. They served me ambrosia and immortality. As I said, I'm no fool. I sipped full of both. We wedded. We bedded. We honeymooned on Mount Olympus.

When our daughter was born, Grandma Venus and I ultimately saw it best to see eye-to-eye. Intuitively gleaning less power as adversaries. we femme-fataled a truce of peace. Doubling our pleasures insured that the world prospered . . . the ambrosia flowed . . . the democracy of the Greeks would garner a model of political genius . . . and for centuries to come, many would play good sport upon Mount Olympus.

~ ~ ~ 

ILLUSTRATION:  L'Amour et Psyché, by Francois Edouard Picot
T H E    E N D ?

No, not at all. Only the beginning of a brazen beguine. 

Eros and Psyche named their girl ~ Voluptuas. 


In translation, to all immortal days ~
'Sensual Pleasures' lives on.


________________________________________

BioAbsolutely*Kate? Prolific author and promoter/publisher of innate design flair with moxie. World needs more moxie. Her writings flow as shadows shimmer Noir, as creamy poils on Ziegfeld Goils, and in synergistically researched decades-of-distinction from the roaring 1920's to the swinging '60's. All on stage at her theatre for the mind creation, AT THE BIJOU ~ "Where Writers' Raves are Readers' Faves" ... There, Believing in Believers, and authors taking authors higher in their  soar, Kate deftly adjusts spots and kleigs so worthy writers rise. The smash sensation "THE SHADOWS OF OUR NOIR" is currently in its 4th month of intrigue, highlighting international authors' tales.

Bookings? Absolutely*Kate is published online at Thrillers, Chillers 'n Killers, other literary and crime scenes, including 'spirited' appearances at Femme Fatale Erin Cole's. One of the authors of GRIMM TALES, by Untreed Reads Publishing; ("You Dirty Rats"), Absolutely*Kate is also co-author with Harry B. Sanderford of Sweet Chili Philly . . . co-writing THE 1976 SOCIETY with Irish/Frisco muse Kevin J. Mackey and . . . co-rollicking/writing SPY-SIDE ECONOMICS with the illustrious AJ Hayes. Absolutely*Kate is editing for publishing in eBook and print ~ IF THE GUMSHOE FITS and "HOLY MOXIE!", while working on her physics time-travels novel, THE VILLAGE SMITHY.

Promotion? Absolutely*Kate launched on Valentine's Day, the "Brevities" Salon site of WOMEN, LOVERS, FRIENDS & MOTHERSto attract lively interactive readership flow to know and follow fellow authors. Early reviews were sensuous and exciting! She goes 'live' this week inviting millions of women readers through channels her silver spade has been digging.

And The Best Is Yet to Be ~ HARBINGER*33, sailing the destinies of 33 stellar authors, with 3 stunning artists, 3 sensational 'authenticators' . . . featuring 33 noted author salutes,  33 ports of call to writerly havens, and a *Treasure Chest* to behold . . . watch for it in this brave new year.

Coming Up? Mais Oui! Absolutely*Kate joins promotional ranks with author/marketing whiz Kevn Michaels. Shhh, Lily's secret: It's the ultimate RIGHT ARM ~ "Authors' Reach Marketing", finding a need and filling it ~ taking authors' books in today's markets to tomorrow's intended reach. Holy Momentum!

Absolutely*Kate recharges energies with coffee, jazz, loving her Prof man, walking at sea, and realizing the fortune of daily jivings with authors and publishers she greatly admires. She's on a Quest this year to read and review all  fellow authors' books on the rise -- thus putting in a new bookcase, at the historic home at the confluence of two rivers in Derby, Connecticut.

51 comments:

  1. I could use some of that ambrosia, actually.

    Great tale, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poured, and at your writing desk dear Tony -- momentum's magick to the mojo you exude so swell. Thank*you good sir, for sailing Feardom's way to read my tale.

      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  2. A wonderful tale Kate weaved by magical words only you can conjure. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one Femme Fatale to another, Ms Helen, know I appreci'kate your kindness to my conjure ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  3. The Elemental Force that is Kate on full display. Awesome as a force 5 tornado at full chat. She sends you in a sputtering, gasping, grasping, end for tumble end down the side of the mountain Of love into the river of oblivion and yet jerks you back to the naughty, haughty heights of the sky. Little wonder the Lady Katie could be called the like the Greeks called her: Goddess of the Soul or just plain Absolute. Pity poor Eros the kid never stood a chance in Hades. Mythic told tale with a AK spin. Truth like a tonic that's mostly gin. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL HEAVENS TO HADES, Mr Hayes ... and Murgatroyd too, dear renaissance man of shadows and swing. No need for stormy weather, come rain or come shine, when you swagger into one of my tales, swallow and sensate it up right. *gulp*

      Fortunate we authors be, who dance our words before thee. I curtsey my thanks and raise on high to *clink* your gin.

      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  4. Once upon a moonless night...

    The rhyme, the rhythm, the hues - all *Kate, absolutely. I caught the echo of that night before Christmas - wonderfully woven in, ne'er a seam to be seen.

    Marvelous stuff, *Kate. What a wonderful spin on the tale.

    Great intro, Lily. Too true, no gushing, for it's not possible to overstate Kate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be a moonless night, Mr Mackey, which once upons fate, all the better for the stars to amp their twinkle when your masterful mind comes round to attune, to attune, to attune.

      You never miss a beat. Grace o'my thanks, Irishman, and a glass of Macallum. ~ Absolutely*Kate


      ~ And yes, isn't our Lily grand? I do know writing as a first-time Femme Fatale for her site and her book, upped my psyche-ante to give my all to make this stellar woman proud. I think my cheeks are still on the overt pink side from her intro, despite how hot she keeps the fires blazing in her frightful place of Feardom.

      Delete
  5. Yep, that distinctive voice- it HAS to be K K K Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there no wonder why I call you the thrill o' Brazill? Na zdrowie dear Paul for your read and omnipresence. ~ Absolutely*K K K K atie

      Delete
  6. Poetic in that special way only Kate can be. As glorious a tale as the lady herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dazzle, Daz ... in commentary complimentary. I thank*you and am gladder still to know ye this year, fellow author, scribing in upward spirals. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  7. knocked out, breathless, absorbed and laughing all at the same time. Thanks for that, AK! Wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVELY LADY HOT STUFF ANTONIA! WooHoo! to see YOU, the ultimate *gleaner*, do that samba fusion hootchie coo makes my listenin' to where the words wanted to go, all the more sweeter.

      Smilin', smilin' ~ Thank you .
      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  8. "There, night after night, Eros entered more than my chambers."
    HA!!!!!!
    You make me laugh, Kate. You must giggle out loud when you write that kind of stuff!!!
    If we could just bottle your creativity and your energy, we'd be rich beyond even the dreams of Greek goddesses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do giggle out loud in the dark o'the night when some of those phrases just tug and shove and yelp at me how they wanta come out right. Figures that You, wild dame Webster, would not let any sensual entendrees slide by.

      Humbled by the "bottling thought" enough to hunt up some Green Goddess salad dressing to drizzle over my radicchio. (and giggle some more) Thanks Cath, means a lot. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  9. I'm a recent convert to the magical world of Absolutely Kate and she shines her light brightly at whatever she turns her hand to. Writing, editing, advising, encouraging and promoting new talent are where she is strongest.

    With Kate on your side you will exceed your own expectations.

    I knew she could write but BOY, the girl didn't just carry me with this piece she clubbed me over the head and threw me over her shoulder fireman style so I saw the world from her perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charming Graham man, know thee that the firefighter shoulder flinger image shall stick with me for quite some time. Mmmmm, how I grinned . . . as I do when you and your talented, superb-natured enthuse comes along. To aid and abet your exceeding expectations is a noir out of shadows pleasure.

      ~ Thanks ... so fully, Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  10. My favourite line was the one Cathy mentioned. Kate weaves words like a spell. No question about who created this clever tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Laurita, fellow Femme Fatale of fine finesse, when your tell-tale heart takes a read my way, it doesn't take a Poe to know I've got grinnnnn.

      (I'd have more so if we were finally having that longed for coffee *clink* ... someday ... and what robust JOY that shall be). Thank*you fave author. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  11. Lyrical and magical - very nicely done, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOOLS! You scared up a trip over to Feardom, fearlessly as ever I see, great crime-writer. Instinctively, you're aware my *happy* takes a jolt when your editorial talents read into one of my scenes. Chuffed I be. (So how was my accent there?)

      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  12. Another Kate Classic. Reading her work is like Divine intervention, as if she straps her imagination to my mind like wings and takes me on a poetic tour of worlds that are filled with magic, love, and beauty. I need it and always look forward to it!
    Cheers, Lady Kate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh, enter enigmatic Erin and already my fellow Femme Fatale eyes go featuring fox trots and tendering tangos! There's a music which plays, my friend across mere cross-country miles attuning the connotative intuitions of myth, magick and mayhem moods. (A Gemini joy?) Grateful-Katefull I am for all the 'spirited shares' you and I have sported and purported . . . and that you once let me see a faerie.

      To *light in* magic, love and beauty to how you prose prismatics on the eerie shadowy sides of written life, gave me a soft, soft smile. How I've missed you, and joy to refind you. My thanks for your so kind words ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  13. What a joy to read, a breath of fresh litarary air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Femme Fataler AJ, I've been following you in the grey, though blazing lights of Feardom's way for quite some time. As colleague then, honoured I be how you breathed my wordings in.

      Grin o'thanks! ~ Absolutely*Kate


      AND WHAT A FEARDOM FEST OUR FILLY LILY FLINGS!

      Delete
  14. Oh boy, that was a tasty dish and a half! This is the first offering I've had the pleasure of sampling from you, AbFabKate, and what a package of delectable delight you've conjured up for our consumption. Magical and majestical beyond realms. *burp* S'cuse I, must be all that rich, delicious writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT BACKATCHA MS ANNA! Adventured into your fine Femme Fatale wordsplay here at Lily's burgeoning buffet of beauts and gulped a rush of gush of my own breath away. For YOU then to swallow and savour my styling Psyche as the darkest side a female truly exudes, well . . . I'm still pondering the right adverbial adjective to express to you the mutual honour. *Happy dance* happened, I tell you.

      Grace o'my thanks for your bountiful *burp* and entering our Salon at my new site to bring readership to worthy authors @ *WOMEN, LOVERS, FRIENDS & MOTHERS*. Sweet, that surprise! ~ Know the tap-tap on your door to share more of your great writes there will be from me. Got wine while we discuss? ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  15. I would have known that was Kate even if her name had not been there... The lady is legend...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ring'a'round the Rosie, how you give me gracious grin.

      Ahhhh, to be *clinking* Raki at the Aegean after haggling for silk scarves in our beloved Izmir again -- with you. Tessekkur ederim. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  16. Vintage *Kate in every word. Well done and keep that window open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you got the open window dear mystery writer of valour. What a sister in crime you were to bring your flashlight and insight into Feardom's fray.

      Grace o'my thanks Tiger.
      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  17. Posted on behalf of Jeanette Cheezum:

    Another Kate* extravaganza. I'll bet that child came out dancing with some of Kate's phrases to wow her parents. We are very proud of all that you have accomplished and looking forward to what this year will bring. Kudos to you and Kevin.

    Thanks Lily, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette, Goddess Mother to Brilliant Authors, as you dub yourself 'board Harbinger*33 ~ How much it means to me, with all you have stirring up your life now, that you came over to lovely Lily's and watched me become a first-time Femme Fatale. INDEED, twas growing up with parents of love and laughter and talents and encouragement to always soar, soar, soar . . . that I attribute to following where words want to speak their pizazz.

      Thank*you so much. Trust you're one of the authors you'll let Kevin and I try our magick elixir of author promotional marketing on . . . *sparks*, I tell you - *sparks* ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  18. Rosalind is right--it's a unique voice. Although I see that it has inspired even the commenters to try their hand at new and magical kinds of prose! Great work, A*Kate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting point you raise dear Seana -- then again, you always seem to see deeper into all occurences to a point where the ticking begins new energies. How it joys me that you went in the back door AT THE BIJOU and followed the croissant crumbs I left you on over to Feardom. Quite some place Lily has, eh? These Femme Fatales are lofty in their word dances. Honoured I am to be in this minx mix.

      As to the commentators, I thought it was just me, but you noticed too -- all these talented folks that I admire have relaxed into stream of consciousness splashes right along with me. If ever a contagion there was, how good to be this one.

      Thanks you fellow author of GRIMM TALES, and my fine friend.
      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  19. Kate you continue to amaze me. Funnily enough serendipity slipped into place tonight. We talked about the heroes earlier then I chanced upon The Almighty Johnsons on TV before reading this. The gods and planets certainly lined up.

    We have English and then we have Kate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stun me in such a smilin' way dear Anthony . . . Always love it when you come around . . . and to know that the celestials had some direction nudges in the universe where there is no such thing as a coincidence . . . well, that just soars this moment the higher. Humbled and honoured by your kind phrase. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  20. Kate, your word-play is divine! You have psyched us up and led us into the erogenous zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No zone defense needed in the erogenous zone, huh Z? Let the play patterns begin.

      As usual, it matters much that you get and are perhaps ahead of me on Psyche psyched word-play. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  21. I can only affirm what the writers above have already noted. This is a Wow! One dreams of writing such. Kate, another marvel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's this? A *Wow* from the wise Wasabi, the intellectual Prof of passion? The man who gave me encouraged means to write and write and write the more? Darlin', you'rea marvel. Dzenkuye (sp) for waking up at 5:30 to read this one in bed when what spirits took me over had this mythology research-romp keep me up most of the night in scribing a dark-sided delight for the honour of being a Lily Childs' Femme Fatale.

      ~ Katrina

      Delete
  22. Absolutely spectacular, as always. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely smiling when you come around, as always. Happy-thanks dear Stina, the enthuser. ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  23. Beautiful way with words, and I envy that pacing wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Icy, I admire your words, fellow Femme Fatale when e'er I see them pop up so memorably, so your notice of stylistics on the flow means much, much indeed.

      ~ My thanks, dear lady,
      ~ Absolutely*Kate

      Delete
  24. Amazing word-play...lyrical and stylish as it flows along, line after line. A magical ride that twists and turns and keeps the reader holding on for the payoff at the end.

    Great job Kate!
    KM

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest Kate, I'm a bit late to the party, but as always, you are the cat's pajamas. Your lines are indeed lyrical and your voice melodic. I enjoy the air of capriciousness in your word placement. It seems the words are being tickled by you as you play with them. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So poetic, a work of art, you've a beautiful way with words. Such a unique rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The profundity of a passion lived and carelessly lost once again crashes across the screen.Kate once again turns literary masturbation into visual art.Viva self abuse and may you continue to pleasure me with your verbal intimacy.
    Very well done.
    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Katie*Girl I love you! The very first thing I read by you made me think so. And, though I don't really need it, this piece reminds me why. Online ovation: Clap! Clap!

    ReplyDelete

Lily Childs is a writer of horror, esoteric, mystery and chilling fiction.

If you see her dancing outside in a thunder storm - don't try to bring her in. She's safe.