Wednesday 16 December 2009

Softly by Lily Childs

My latest tale 'Softly' on Thrillers Killers n Chillers is being called 'sick'. I couldn't wish for a better accolade.

Why not take a look? I'd probably recommend not having your dinner while your read it.

Excerpt:

‘He just, sort of crawled off me. I tried to talk to him but the words wouldn’t come. He didn’t even look at me, he just ran down the hall to the bathroom where I could hear him chucking his guts up over and over again.’


That's all you get - any more would give it away.

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely worth more than a cursory glance, it rocks, and it is clever than you notice. Lily manages to tell the whole story without frilly prose and you don't even realise it's not there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I also not recommend that you read it over breakfast? Luckily I'd finished mine before I read it.

    Very cleverly written. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lee and Pixie.

    As I mentioned to Col Bury [co-ed of TKnC], when I was editing this my hubby was scavenging at the previous day's roast chicken. The sounds of popping flesh as I was writing made even me feel somewhat nauseous!

    ReplyDelete

Lily Childs is a writer of horror, esoteric, mystery and chilling fiction.

If you see her dancing outside in a thunder storm - don't try to bring her in. She's safe.