I do have a winner, but believe me my final choice has shifted and changed, the entries twisting and confusing my ever-hungry brain. So here we go with a quick summary before I announce who will be next week's Prediction Challenge judge.
- Chris's new playmates are willing but volatile. They need teaching a Lesson(s).
- St Force's tourist does more than sightseeing as she studies someone about to take a dive off York Catherdral.
- AJ's Lucy loses and leaves the most precious of gifts Beneath the Oak.
- MuckieDuckie discovers another Jane Doe with Doctor Tiboy as her failing saviour in JD's Realm.
- Veronica's victim can think only of Nana as her own ear is chewed off in Zombie Sunday.
- My Resurrection sees a village destroyed by plague and religion revived by the manifested voice of Mother Earth.
- Antonia questions the validity of newspaper reporting as a typo turns out to be true in Local News...
- William delivers twice; Case Closed apparently sees the demise of Tench beneath the Devil's milk-bottle whilst M is for Inspiration is a poignant message from the heart.
- Aidan travels up and down heavenly escalators with Vaughn - who is not ready to go anywhere, despite the ratty angel's pleas in Stairway Guides.
- Reba takes us into the towering heights of deception before dropping Lorelei to the ground in Objective.
- Anthony paints the walls a sucking gloss that shimmers and moves, its shine a place of wandering thieves in Hush Little Baby Don't You Cry.
- Kim's executioner looks out for himself, regardless of the prize beneath his axe in 'Off!'
- Phil travels through coloured thoughts as his narrator 'ups and downs' in daily doses; Fluctuation.
- John reveals the truth of what man has done in the name of religion in our corrupted Gardens of Eden.
- Joleen finds Inspiration as Ellen works her madness from the street onto the canvas, with a promise of more to come.
- ttofee tricks us into believing we are walking with a villain, only for The Watcher's vigilante morals to shine through.
The story that tickled my darkest corners, its writing a joy to read - and is therefore the winning entry is Lessons. Monsieur Allinotte, congratulations. You are the judge of next week's Prediction Challenge!
My runner-up, for its terrifying and daring Stephen King strangeness - Hush Little Baby Don't You Cry by Anthony Cowin. A film in the making. Well done.
Outstanding writing, everyone. Such a pleasure. Chris - I'll be in touch over the next few days.
In the meantime, there'll be a new challenge as usual in the morning. Au revoir. Bonne nuit. Dormez bien...