I'm a little behind on time so will jump straight in to summarise - however, I must point out I usually have a glass of wine as I do this - and there is none. What is the world coming to?
- Ellie paid her first visit to The Prediction with Paper Cuts, a murderous tale of skinning and scribes.
- Mimi's Jealous Gods fought for supremacy in temples of old.
- Sue summoned up the undead to present Peter as an eternal treasure in Incanto.
- AJ's batteground gathered the defeated victims in a Spartan bloodbath to win the Trophy.
- Chris's colonial adventurers blew their chances by the tomb in You Are So Fired
- Melenka's Tribute is to a sacrificial virgin, offered to an inhuman beast, and corrupted for life.
- Aidan's super-antiheroes save the planet from each other in The World In Flames.
- Antonia's protagonist lives with a despicable Know All who gets what's coming to him.
- Asuqi's robotic creatures scritch and scratch, and lie down to order in I Can Make Them Come Alive
- Susan offers herself up to the ancient ones in her own tome ;) Snatch.
- I think I flipped my lid for five minutes when I wrote Married To The Job, but corsets and flab it was.
- Scratchypen's Anubis explored the heart of the dark matter in Dead Pretty.
- Rebecca's disgusting little crossbreed answers back and gives her jip in A Prickly Issue.
- Pixie's poisoned dart came flying through the air, killing us slowly in If The Crime Fits...
- William brought mad, bad Alan Kook back to dole out his own warped justice in The Undoing.
- David's Virus spreads, spiralling us towards its chilling and tragic conclusion.
Is this a record? In number and quality of entries? Certainly feels like it.
My winner is Melenka with Tribute. I loved the surreal and mythical quality to this. I felt as though I was peeking, uninvited - but couldn't tear myself away. Congratulations Melenka.
Because I couldn't choose between them, my two runners-up are R.S. Bohn with A Prickly Issue and Pixie's If The Crime Fits... Well done Rebecca and Pix!
Right. More FFF to prepare and a cannibal feast to finish (on paper) so... back tomorrow with three new words. Bye for now.